Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sweet Fairy Teapot Dome






Some of the most inspirational magazines on the market today are Somerset Life, Somerset Home and Somerset Studio. The incredible artistry, inspiration and joy that I derive from these gorgeous publications is just endless! Every time I open up one of these delightful periodicals I am transported to lovely homes, beautiful projects and darling home accents that truly gifted artists and home enthusiasts across the country share with us all.

With this being said, I absolutely love altered art! I have not done any paper crafting or calligraphy myself for awhile, but when I see the incredible treasures that gals out there are making it inspires me to get out my gear and get to work! One day when I was at one of my favorite thrift stores I came across this absolutely adorable little glass teapot dome. The flowers inside were not so adorable, but I saw definite potential and snapped it up!, not that any one else wanted it! Those old dried flowers looked pretty dreadful!

I had just purchased an adorable piece of altered art off Ebay from an exceptionally gifted artist named Auzuree'. Her Ebay id is "vintagegypsy11" and if you love altered art treasures, then I encourage you to check out her work as it is just the most adorable that I've ever seen and it's so well done. When I received my darling little fairy block from her, I just hoped and prayed that it would fit inside my little dome. When it arrived I excitedly pulled it out of the box and tried to fit it inside. Alas it was a tiny bit big, but I managed to sand down the corners a little and it just fit! I added some wallpaper to the bottom of the dome and then some baby pink rickrack and then larger darker pink rickrack. It turned out so adorable and is now sitting on my desk so I can enjoy it every day!

When you are at your favorite thrift store, keep an open mind and don't automatically discard something because it's not quite right. This glass dome was perfect except for the flowers and when they were gone it was turned into an absolute treasure! Now I'm on the hunt for more cute things to turn into new found treasures. It's time to get inspired! Until next time, ~Stacy~ xo

2 comments:

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Stacey,
I LOOOOVE your fairy tea pot dome! Incredibly sweet and beautiful! Ooooh Im a HUGE fan of Somerset also! So many gorgeous pages of inspiration!!!!
Your blog and shop are GORGEOUS!!! Have a lovely weekend! XOXO,Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,

LOVE what you did with this teapot and I have to say your photos are absolutely gorgeous - I thought they were from inside of the magazine!

Hope all is well with you and yours my dear!

Joy
xo