Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cute Shoes...








I was browsing through another issue of Somerset Life today and came across this sweet article about vintage baby pincushion shoes. I immediately recognized them as being very similar to a pair of very sweet vintage pincushion shoes that I purchased some time ago during one of my thrift store expeditions. They are pincushions that are not actual shoes, but made to look like them. The work on these is so incredible...the lady who crafted them used clear plastic with adorable cutout floral designs. They are stuffed with pink taffeta fabric and hand crocheted around all of the edges. Look at the sweet pink flower ribbon in the center of each shoe with the sequins in the middle. Can you imagine the work that went into these little darlings!? She sure must have had patience!

While I'm on the topic of cute vintage shoes, this other pair is an adorable pair of vintage leather baby shoes in a perfect pink color. These were sitting in one of my favorite antique malls for quite some time until I caved in and bought them several years ago. I think they were over $20.00, but I had to have them! There is even wear on the pink metal eyelets. I'll bet the little girl that wore them looked sweet! Until next time, ~Stacy~ xo


4 comments:

Unknown said...

darling!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Absolutely adorable shoes!

oxox
Jennifer

csweet said...

You find the most wonderful stuff!!

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Oh Stac, I'm in heaven with all this pink.. Just adorable!!!
JO JO