Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Love Affair With Planes



Take a look at this ~ is there honestly anything better in the world than this view? Not to me there isn't! This is truly a lovely sight. There is nothing better than being in the air on your way to some exotic destination or to even some non-exotic destination. I just love everything about air travel; airports, the smell of jet fuel (yes, I'm weird!), the exhilaration of blasting down the runway with the rumble of the engines all around you, the takeoff and the floating feeling as the plane is climbing, just being on board, and of course, landing...love the feeling of seeing the earth rise up to meet you and cruising down over buildings, countryside or the ocean as you are descending into an airport. There is nothing better ~ well, at least nothing that I can write about! (*_*)


My love affair with air travel and planes began in 1987 when I took my first trip to the South Pacific. It was a year of bliss traveling to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tahiti and Bora Bora in French Polynesia, the Cook Islands, Hawaii...those destinations bring back many fond memories. I backpacked for an entire year "down under" and in 1989 and 1991 I was off again to the same locations for another year each to see the things I missed before. What an amazing time it was!


Look at this bad boy waiting to take off ~ my favorite, a 747-400!



I love Qantas Airlines ~ "Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Services Ltd"! They have the best flights and the best service around. The cabin crews are always fantastic especially when you are on the long haul flights. My longest nonstop flight was 21 hours from LAX to Sydney, Australia.



You've gotta love this Qantas 747 all decked out in an Aboriginal Dreamtime theme!




A very cool Hello Kitty jet pulling onto the tarmack.



And finally...this is NOT what you want to see when you are peering out your window midflight. Thank goodness I was not on this flight! I would have been a basket case!!

No comments: