Monday, January 6, 2014

Recycle Your Old Calendar!



For my first post of the new year I thought that
I would share a very simple project with you.
It's a new year and you have a new calendar on
your wall...now what do you do with the old
one?  It's too pretty to throw away so why not
convert it into simple artwork for your wall!




All you need to do is take apart your old 
calendar and trim off any excess from the edges.
For the frames, I used simple, inexpensive glass
clip frames from Hobby Lobby.  You can obviously
use any frame, but I wanted to feature the
artwork more than the frames so I used these.




I hung six of these gorgeous pictures in my main
bathroom in my hall and they look amazing!  You
may recognize the calendar from Jo-Anne of
Vintage Rose Collection.  It is so beautiful!

Now, while we are on the topic, I would like to
remind you that this is only okay if you are
recycling YOUR calendar.  It is not okay to take
photographs such as this and recopy them for
any reason.  That is copyright infringement. If
it is for your own use, then a-okay.  Any 
copying or reselling is unethical and takes away
from the integrity of the artist.  We all know
how hard artists and photographers work to
make something unique and beautiful!

So if you have a pretty, 2013 calendar still
hanging around you might want to try this!

~Stacy~

2 comments:

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Yes l do, Majory Bastin's beautiful calendar of nature drawings. Some of the pictures are well worth recycling. Happy New Year by the way, blessings, Pam

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Lovely Idea! and I had no idea Jo-Anne had a calendar... dreamy!!
Hugs,
Bella