Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Very Sad Day

Here is a picture of Chewy our golden retriever, my black dog Bobo in the center and my Mom's dog Lacey on the left. This picture is about three years old. Chewy is just three months shy of being 17 years old now and I finally had to make an appointment to have him put down on Wednesday. I am heartbroken, but he is so old, especially for a large golden retriever, and not doing so well...it is time. If I don't answer your emails right away for a few days, you will know why. These animals just grab onto our hearts and don't let go, but ultimately their love and joy is totally worth it!

3 comments:

Seeking said...

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear about Chewy. Words fail me, sending hugs and prayers of comfort, Melissa

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Stacy ~
I am so sorry about your precious Chewy ~ oh my goodness, it is horribly hard to have to go through this with our babies ! I will pray for you that you have a peace ~
hugs,
Lori

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Stacy, I feel so sad about your beautiful dog chewy... Animals are part of the family and are so very missed when they are gone. Snuggle good and tight with the other little cuties, they will make you smile...
Warm hug to you dear friend,
Jo