Thursday, January 4, 2007

Under The Weather!

Well I have been meaning to get new listings on, but I have been slightly under the weather since Christmas! I was feeling ill the day after Christmas for a few days, felt better and now I'm not feeling well again! There is a nasty bug going on around here!

Christmas was very quiet and quite melancholy for me this year. Wade had to work on Saturday, Sunday and then Christmas Day so I was alone for those three days. We had our family get together at Wade's Mom's on Christmas Eve like we always do. It was fun! This holiday season was a hard one for me personally with my Dad being gone for only six months. It was the first major holiday without him. I'm hoping that next year it will be better. We exchanged gifts this year like we always do, but we decided to go low key with each other. Wade bought me a cool digital picture frame that I now have on my desk filled with pictures of family, friends and pretty pictures of items from the business. It is lovely. My Mom spoiled me this year and bought me a beautiful heart shaped diamond encrusted necklace. It is fabulous ~ thanks Mom! (*_*) She also got me a cake decorating book and a cake decorating kit as I have always been interested in that. I hope to sign up for some classes soon! Another lovely gift from Mom was a book of poems and prayers by Helen Steiner Rice. It has the best picture on the cover of a very pretty, old fashioned looking girl. I got some pretty pink mittens and a matching scarf from my sister-in-law, some cute pj's and earrings from my brother, a sweet Holly Hobbie figurine from my best friend back home to remind me of when we were kids, a sweet fairy ornament from another friend and some other lovely gifts from another girlfriend. I feel spoiled.

Yesterday there was no snow at all, our lawns were bare, and then today it dumped on us like crazy and now there is plenty of the white stuff out there. I feel bad for Wade who has to drive home from work at 1:00 a.m. Not fun at all!

I will sign off for now, but just wanted to let you know that as soon as I'm feeling up to it, new listings will be put on. Sorry for the delay friends! I hope to be back to "normal" soon...whatever that is!!!

No comments: