Friday, July 27, 2012

Starting To Like Burlap...A Bit! (*_*)



So many of you have embraced the burlap trend with open arms and I just
might be turning a corner as to why!  I am not really a trendy person in the
decorating sense...I like what I like and that's pretty much it!  I have been
wanting to add some texture to my front room though because everything in
there looks so dainty and feminine.  Don't get me wrong...I'm a girly girl, but
I have been wanting to tone down the sugar just a little bit lately.





I was at Home Goods the other day and spotted this pretty, long burlap pillow
with a French inspired design on the front.  It is thick and lovely and has a
zipper in the back to take out the insert (which I love) and it was only just
under $20.  I decided why not and brought it home with me.





I am quite LOVING this pillow!  It makes me want to add some more texture
and perhaps burlap to my decor.  Not TOO much...just a bit more...





My settee and other pillows are girly enough so I really like the way this looks
in the center.  If I ever want to sit down, I just heave them all on the floor!
No big deal right..I'm sure you "get" it!

~Stacy~

5 comments:

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

I like it!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The appeal of burlap is interesting--I like it too. Love your girlyness (ha--probably not a word) and the burlap is so unexpected it looks great!

caThiE said...

Good for you for having the courage to branch out just a bit! I like the different textures together. . . looks lovely! hugs, caThiE

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm with you Stacy, you don't see a ton of burlap on my blog ether, your pillow looks great on the settee, maybe I should try one, you can't make one for the price you bought that one!

Carol

Darlene said...

I love your setee. I have something similiar in blue. I bought my antique sofa off of craigslist for 150.00! It is more on the victorian side but I love it. I love all of your home, it is beautiful. Darlene @ Welcometomariasantoinette.blogspot.com