Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever



As a Canadian and a member of the British Commonwealth,
these words are pretty much etched into my memory...

Elizabeth the Second,
by the Grace of God, by the United Kingdom,
Canada and Her other Realms and Territories,
Queen,
Head of the Commonwealth,
Defender of the Faith.


That's why I am so excited to be invited to
The Royal Wedding on
Friday, April 29, 2011!




(Okay, I'm not really invited, but Photoshop sure is fun isn't it!)

 
I can't tell you how happy I am for William and Kate
and there is just something about a Royal Wedding that
is just so exciting!  I am a Monarchist, I admit it, although
I find that some people here in the U.S. just don't get it,
 but if you grew up around it, you do!  I know that many of you
are going to be watching the wedding though and you do
"get it" so to speak.  Who wouldn't want to watch these
 two lovely people tie the knot!  I think that it's nice
to have some good news in the world for a change.









This would make such a lovely souvenir of the special day.





This is the new coach commissioned by Her Majesty and it should
be the coach that carries the Bride and Groom away from Westminster Abbey.





I will be up during the wee hours of Friday morning watching the
entire wedding.  There will be a special breakfast and perhaps even
some champagne to celebrate the royal nuptials.  So if any of my Utah
friends are up and about, give me a call or come on over to my house
and we'll watch it together.  I'll leave the porch light on!

What are your plans for next Friday?
Am I the only insane one out there?
Somehow I doubt it!

~Stacy~

5 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OK I am blonde...did you really get invited to the wedding????!!! I love it, I will be up in the wee hours also! I am not sure if I should stay awake or go to sleep early, not sure it is possible since i am a night owl! I am crazy excited! I remember getting up in the wee hours to watch Diana and Charles

Carol

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Carol ~ oh man, you gave me the best laugh ever! Don't I wish that I was invited to a royal wedding! It's amazing what Photoshop can do! (*_*) I thought it looked pretty authentic, I guess I was right! LOL! You made my day! As you know, I'm a night owl too so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about sleep. I don't want to just stay up and then fall asleep during the wedding. I might have to catch some zzzz's during the early part of the evening. We'll see! ~Stacy~

Pollyanna said...

I'll be there with bells on and my own Martinelli's!! (Oh and crumpets and clotted cream!!)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OK...I get it now! LOL!

Carol

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I also plan on watching! Wouldn't it be fun if we did live close enough to all get together? Might be a kinda rowdy group, huh?!?

Hope you have a Blessed Easter, Stacy!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents