Saturday, May 16, 2009

This N That...


This has been a busy week, although I don't really know what I've been doing! What I do know is that I haven't been blogging! On Tuesday I blogged just before heading out to the Celtic Woman concert here in Salt Lake City. I have to tell you that it was absolutely amazing! I would definitely go and see these lovely ladies again. They put on an incredible performance that was not a disappointment in any way. In fact it far exceeded my expectations. Boy, can they ever sing and perform and the blonde violin player is really incredible. She literally ran up and down the stage doing high Irish kicks on and off the platform during most of the numbers and this was while playing her violin. Crazy! She reminded us of a whimsical Tinkerbell! The concert was almost three hours long too so it was really worth it.

Today I spent all day out in the front yard. It is the first time I've been out weeding, etc. since winter! It has been so cold here, but today it was beautiful. I cleaned off my statues, filled up my birdbaths, brought out the wicker chairs onto the porch, decorated my front window with my swags of tulle and flower garlands...all sorts of fun things! I just love getting ready for summer!

This week I hope to clean out my office and give it a bit of a makeover. I actually want to paint it, but I have a huge rack of shelving on one wall that houses all of my merchandise for sale and to paint would mean taking everything off four large shelves, unscrewing all of the metal from the walls...just the thought of it makes me shudder! But, I hate the color of green I painted my office about five or six years ago and I really want to change it. It is hideous, I have no idea what I was thinking when I painted it. Do you ever do that? (*_*) We'll see how it turns out!

The beautiful picture on this post is of my Mom's flowering almond bush. My niece took it last year, she's quite the budding photographer. Until next time, enjoy! ~Stacy~

5 comments:

Sonia said...

The almond bush looks amazing. Your niece did very good. Glad you enjoyed the concert on tuesday. Have a great week.
Sonia
PS.Good luck with your office makeover

The Victorian Parlor said...

Wow, the flowering almond bush is glorious! Thanks for stopping by and leaving an RSVP for tea:) I am so glad that you will attending!

Blessings,

Kim

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

I loved seeing your flowering almond. These spring flowering beauties graced the front yard of my childhood home......hadn't thought of them in a while. Thanks for the memories.

Best Wishes,
Kay

Everyday Sparkles said...

Oh my that is a gorgeous photo. I love pink blossoms. Makes me happy. Wishing you a wonderful day.

sepiadreams said...

Hi Stacy, Calm Air by Behr is a rich cream color with more yellow tones that I use alot. Also Cafe Cream by Valspar is a more white cream that is very nice. All paints in satin of course....I painted my living room with Curchill Hotel Wheat which is a very popular color-almost has that old mannequin/tea color to it. This is also by Valspar...Hope this helps you...Love Tiina....